I pride myself on continuing my professional development and my key skills to date include:
- Varied knowledge, skills, and competencies of health and social care needs, with in-depth occupational therapy clinical experience in a wide range of physical disabilities and long-term conditions.
- Highly transferable skills in functional assessment in order to make sound recommendations for current and future needs, including physical, cognitive, psychological, and social needs.
- Primary care case management experience.
- A clear understanding of the impact of disability on individuals, their families and carers.
- A well rounded level of understanding of medical conditions, terminology, and medication.
- Experience of working with complex cases and the additional involvement that accompanies such work, including case conferences, future care planning for individuals with complex needs, and working with the wider multi-disciplinary and multi-agency/sector team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at situation-specific levels within different forums, with a proven level of assertive diplomacy and persuasiveness when required.
- Outstanding knowledge of cross-sector services available to individuals to obtain optimum outcomes.
- A highly motivated autonomous worker with persistence and perseverance to exceed all expectations to provide an exceptional standard of work.