I am an occupational therapist with experience of in-depth assessments of adults and the elderly with physical disabilities and long-term conditions.
My experience includes:
- Client-centred goal planning.
- Patient education / health promotion.
- Planning and coordination of present and future care, rehabilitation, equipment and housing needs at all stages of a client’s journey.
I have worked with people with varied conditions including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis with varying musculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Orthopaedic conditions, requiring elective and trauma intervention:
- Amputation (lower and upper limb, proximal and distal).
- Joint replacements (upper and lower limbs).
- Long-term conditions, such as circulatory and respiratory conditions, diabetes, dementia, sensory impairment.
- Neurological conditions, including minor head injury, low level spinal injury, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multi-Systems Atrophy, Multiple Sclerosis.
- Conditions often associated with ageing such as reduced mobility and functional ability, and falls.
- Post-operative general surgery.