Are you an employer facing any of the following scenarios?
- An employee who is experiencing difficulties in their role as a result of illness, injury, or disability.
- Recurrent absenteeism of one or more employees resulting from illness, injury or disability.
- An employee who requires specialist equipment to enable them to remain in their current role.
- An employee who wishes to return to work after a period of absence but cannot complete their previous role due to their illness / injury / disability.
If you are experiencing any of these, or other related difficulties within your organisation, contact me to discuss how I can help.
I offer the following in an unbiased, objective, and professional way:
- Worksite assessment – consideration of the environment, the work role, and the employer’s expectations.
- Functional assessment of the worker – consideration of physical, cognitive, psychological and social needs and how these impact on the ability to perform functional activities in the work place.
- Workplace assessment – consideration of how the worker can engage in the work role, and identification of any rehabilitation, compensatory techniques, equipment, or additional support that may be required.
- Recommendations – provision of a report with justified recommendations regarding all of the above.
- Rehabilitation – Implementation of the above recommendations, working with additional service providers, equipment suppliers, employers and other organisations as appropriate.
Are you an employee or a GP dealing with a Fit to Work issue?
I offer independent assessment using the Allied Health Professions Advisory Fitness for Work Report to support recommendations to your employer if a more comprehensive assessment is not required at this time.
It should be noted however, that:
- The information on this form is merely for advisory purposes, and not an indication that an employer will accept or follow the recommendations.
- The existence of an AHP Report does not alter the GP’s obligation to issue a Statement of Fitness for Work (fit note) to patients for whom they provide clinical care.
‘We are very pleased with the work you have done for us and are impressed by the detail and thoroughness of the report. We felt very comfortable having met you, that you took time to understand our requirement and that you carried out your work in an unbiased and professional manner. We would have no hesitance in recommending you to others.’ Managing Director, Logic Manufacturing Ltd