Are you an employer facing any of the following scenarios?
- An employee who is experiencing difficulties in their role as a result of illness, injury, or disability.
- Recurrent absenteeism of one or more employees resulting from illness, injury or disability.
- An employee who requires specialist equipment to enable them to remain in their current role.
- An employee who wishes to return to work after a period of absence but cannot complete their previous role due to their illness / injury / disability.
If you are experiencing any of these, or other related difficulties within your organisation, contact me to discuss how I can help.
I offer the following in an unbiased, objective, and professional way:
- Worksite assessment – consideration of the environment, the work role, and the employer’s expectations.
- Functional assessment of the worker – consideration of physical, cognitive, psychological and social needs and how these impact on the ability to perform functional activities in the work place.
- Workplace assessment – consideration of how the worker can engage in the work role, and identification of any rehabilitation, compensatory techniques, equipment, or additional support that may be required.
- Recommendations – provision of a report with justified recommendations regarding all of the above.
- Rehabilitation – Implementation of the above recommendations, working with additional service providers, equipment suppliers, employers and other organisations as appropriate.
Are you an employee or a GP dealing with a Fit to Work issue?
I offer independent assessment using the Allied Health Professions Advisory Fitness for Work Report to support recommendations to your employer if a more comprehensive assessment is not required at this time.
It should be noted however, that:
- The information on this form is merely for advisory purposes, and not an indication that an employer will accept or follow the recommendations.
- The existence of an AHP Report does not alter the GP’s obligation to issue a Statement of Fitness for Work (fit note) to patients for whom they provide clinical care.