Do you have an illness, injury or disability? A visual impairment? Do you suffer with chronic pain or fatigue?
Are you advancing in years and experiencing increasing difficulties with the little tasks that we always take for granted?
Have you received an assessment from statutory services but don’t meet their criteria for equipment/services?
If any of this strikes a chord with you, contact me to discuss how I can help.
Any of these problems can influence our ability to engage in activities of importance to us, which in turn can exacerbate the problem itself. Do you experience difficulty in any of the following, or similar areas?
- Managing your time and structuring your daily routine.
- Getting about – inside and/or out and about.
- Getting up and down from your chair, bed, toilet, car seat.
- Personal care – washing, bathing, showering, toileting, dressing, maintaining your appearance, eating and drinking, managing medication routines?
- Preparing meals.
- Looking after your children, a spouse, or another family member.
- Shopping – grocery, clothes or leisure items.
- Cleaning, laundry and ironing.
- Working / studying.
- Looking after your pet(s).
- Joining in with hobbies / recreational activities.
- Going on holiday.
- Feeling empowered to make decisions about your future.
I offer assessment, advice, recommendations and support to optimise independence within safe limits, using any of, or a combination of, the following interventions:
- Compensatory techniques.
- Adaptations to the home.
- Care / support.
I have varied experience across statutory services as well as in the independent sector; therefore if I consider you may be entitled to assessment and input via other routes, I will signpost you in the right direction.