Are you at school considering a career in occupational therapy and want to know more?
Are you applying for an OT degree but don’t know how to incorporate your experience into the application form?
Are you an undergraduate student feeling a little lost or bewildered regarding future prospects and wanting an independent mentor?
Are you considering a career change and thinking occupational therapy might be for you?
Are you a lone worker or working in an emerging role and wanting some supervision?
If so, contact me to discuss how I can help. I offer the following:
- Support with careers events at secondary schools and colleges.
- One-to-one discussion in person or by telephone regarding the various roles and responsibilities of occupational therapists in different services and sectors. It should be noted however, that due to the nature of some of my work, I cannot guarantee to offer shadowing experiences; however I am always willing to book time aside to offer what I can in terms of support and encouragement, as well as discussion of my different roles and experiences, and the opportunities that are available.
- One-to-one or group sessions to reflect on individuals’ experiences and opportunities, barriers, and how to move forward.
- Professional supervision / mentoring to those who are receiving clinical supervision from a different discipline but are craving a more occupational focus on their daily practice and general career progression.
- Professional supervision / mentoring to those in emerging roles to maintain OT focus and to stay up to date with CPD and supervision.
- Support with CPD groups, such as journal review clubs and evidencing every day practice.
- Support with writing CVs and personal statements based on your professional and personal experience to date.